Online blackjack is a casino game that you can play at many Australian online casinos and claim massive blackjack bonuses. The aim of the game is for you to get as close to 21 as possible without going bust. The best online blackjack casinos in Australia offer real money blackjack online games like European, American and French blackjack.
The best part is that you can also play live dealer blackjack and win big. Read this guide to find free blackjack games, tips and strategies.
Best Real Money Blackjack Casinos
What is Blackjack?
Blackjack is a casino card game that is offered at many casino sites in Australia. Many casino players love the game because it’s easy to learn and play. Plus, blackjack is known for having the lowest house edge in gambling.
Traditionally, the game is played with one up to eight decks depending on the blackjack game. So, if you like card counting, blackjack might be the game for you. We have recommended some of the best online blackjack casinos to play the game for real money or for free.
How to Play Online Blackjack in Australia
While the goal of reaching 21 in a blackjack game is easy to understand, there are other steps to take. Before you play blackjack for real money, we suggest you learn how to play the game first. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to play blackjack online:
- Join a Blackjack Table: You can join a virtual blackjack table and play a blackjack variation. Since you’re playing online there is no need to wait for other players.
- Hit or Stand: Then you can decide whether to hit or stand in the blackjack game. To make this decision, you need to check what the value of your hand is. You can either use a blackjack strategy or your instinct to make this decision
- Check your hand value: if you’ve decided to hit, your hand will have a new value. You will still get to play the game if your hand is below 21 or close to it.
- The Dealer reveals their cards: after that, the dealer will reveal what their cards’ value is.
- Who is close to 21?: Then you can see who is close to 21 and if you are close then you win. However, if the dealer is close to 21 then the dealer will win the round.
Online Blackjack Rules: Basics
Now that you know how to play the game you need to understand the various blackjack rules. When playing blackjack, the goal is to build a hand as close to 21 as possible without going over. If your hand comes closest to 21, you win. Since you have to play your hand first, you may go bust before the dealer can – this is where the house edge comes into play.
This game uses 52 cards. Each card has a numerical value, regardless of its suit. The value of an ace can either be 11 or 1, while the value of face cards is 10 and the others will be the number they represent.
The game is much simpler than it seems, even if online blackjack can seem intimidating at first. You can take your time playing it online, but it’s played fairly quickly in person. To play blackjack, you must first place a bet.
A single hand of wagering on the Internet can vary anywhere between 50 cents and hundreds of dollars. If you’re playing online, you’ll usually click on the denomination of your choice and add it to your bet. If you’re a beginner, we recommend playing the free version until you get used to it.
Types of Online Blackjack Games
There are many different blackjack games that you can play at the best real money blackjack casinos. See below for some of the games available to you:
Live Dealer Blackjack – Play Blackjack Online with Friends
These days you can interact with the dealer and other players by playing live dealer blackjack. You can get the thrill and feel of a blackjack game at a land-based casino in the comfort of your home. The live games are broadcast via live streaming. So, that means you need to make sure that you have a stable internet connection.
If you want to play blackjack online with friends you can tell them to join the same blackjack tables. Unfortunately, there are no free live blackjack card games available to you because live games are expensive.
Free Online Blackjack
You can also practice your strategy by playing free online blackjack without risking your own money. Our top-rated AUD casinos let you play real money blackjack once you know how to play. Many players prefer to play online blackjack for free first.
Before playing real money blackjack, they can practice free blackjack to test out different strategies and know their odds. Free online blackjack is nice because it doesn’t require a deposit, registration or personal information, which is why less serious players like it so much. Players can also play social blackjack games through various apps developed by game developers. This is a great way to allow players to compete against their friends for free.
Here are the benefits of playing online blackjack for free:
- Play easily and quickly with no need to sign up or deposit any money.
- On our site, you will find casinos offering free blackjack games spanning many different variants.
- With exclusive titles, you won’t have to worry about losing money.
- We review our titles, so you always know you’re playing the best games.
Online Blackjack Strategy
Being the authority in everything blackjack 21 is our pride. Several strategies are published here, including whether or not insurance is a smart bet and what to do if the dealer has a specific card. Instead of trusting our gut, we rely on facts.
Knowing the basics about playing blackjack online is very useful. When it comes to winning at the tables, your best bet is to learn the blackjack strategy.
The blackjack strategy is easier to understand than you might think, particularly when you learn it from our blackjack strategy guide. It’s the place where you’ll find tons of information, tips, and tricks that will give you a serious advantage when you play.
Counting Cards in Online Blackjack
A blackjack strategy that is well known but not well understood is card counting. Counting cards involves many techniques, from simple systems that even the odds between a player and dealer to more complex systems that give you an edge.
Card counting isn’t illegal, as is commonly believed. Despite this, casinos have the right to refuse services whenever they wish, and live casinos will often ban you from playing if they believe you are gaining an advantage through card counting. Most systems rely on avoiding detection because of this.
How to Win at Blackjack: Online Blackjack Tips
There are certain things that you can do to enhance your blackjack gameplay. Here are some tips to help you place blackjack bets effectively and form strong blackjack hands.
- Understand the house edge – a blackjack game has a house edge between 2 to 3% if you’re not using a strategy. So, that means that a casino has the likelihood of winning by a 2 – 3% margin over time. However, you can reduce the house edge when you have a solid strategy.
- Count cards – if you’re playing live blackjack you can count cards. However, when you’re playing virtual blackjack it won’t be easy because the cards are dealt automatically. Counting cards is a good way of determining whether you or the dealer has an advantage.
- Manage your bankroll well – the best skill you can have when playing any casino game online is managing your bankroll. You need to set a budget and then stick to it when you’re playing blackjack online. it’s advisable not to spend more than your limit.
- Use betting systems – there are many blackjack systems that blackjack experts have devised over the years. For example, you could use the Martingale system to play the game. Many players swear by blackjack systems but they are not a 100% guarantee.
- Be careful of the insurance bet – the insurance bet is not meant for people that play blackjack casually. If you’re an experienced card counter then you can place the insurance bet.
Mobile Blackjack Apps
If you like playing on the go, you can access online blackjack games using your mobile device. You can use your Android or iOS device to play top-rated blackjack games. A lot of the blackjack casinos in Australia don’t have a dedicated blackjack app for you to download.
But that is not a problem because those blackjack casino websites are optimised for mobile access. That means you can use your phone to access your casino account, make deposits and play games.
Real Money Blackjack Vs Free Blackjack Online
Both real money blackjack games and free blackjack have their own benefits that you can enjoy. The table below will help you decide what kind of blackjack game you can play.
Real Money Online Blackjack
Online Blackjack Free
Real Money Online Blackjack FAQs
The Blackjack experts and experienced gamblers say this game will not provide you with a steady income because it has unstable outcomes. You can indeed win enough money to keep you going for a couple of months.
Casinos that are fair and trustworthy will not rig online blackjack games. Therefore, even card counting is considered valid as a strategy.
All you have to do is choose any of the online blackjack casinos we’ve recommended, and you’ll be able to play blackjack online easily.
Bonuses and rewards offered by online casinos are among the biggest draws for playing any game. When new players register with an internet casino, they receive a signup bonus. Additionally, online casinos offer rewards for playing blackjack.
Since the games pay less between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., there will be fewer players. Gamblers tend to believe that Fridays are the best days to gamble, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. It is ideal for people to gamble before the weekend, so it is the perfect time frame.
Blackjack online can be beaten. It’s not always easy because you have a few obstacles in your way.
Single-deck blackjack has the best odds online. The only issue is that it is not always available.
Having an Ace and a “ten-card” gives you a total of 21 in two cards, called “blackjack.” If you have a natural and the dealer does not, you get paid one-half times your bet.v
The player can place a blackjack insurance side bet if the dealer’s up-card is an ace to protect themselves against the dealer’s hand being ‘blackjack’. If the dealer has blackjack, the player has the opportunity to break even if they lose their main bet.
Online Blackjack can be profitable, but only occasionally and for short periods – and making good use of promotions beforehand is important! Online Blackjack with live dealers has improved the concept but hasn’t greatly benefited the punter. However, you cannot win money playing the free version.